This is v2 of our popular N2R High Clearance Skid for the Gen8. Our skid eliminates the bulbous mass under the stock skid, adding over 5mm of ground clearance without raising the transmission or other components. Your Gen8 will glide over roots and rocks with ease, and v2 has been strengthened with a beefier front upper link design and more durable material.
Package includes 1 skid and 4x M3 locknuts
- If you are not planning to replace the stock driveshafts, we do NOT recommend trying to remove them when installing the skid. Stock driveshafts are secured with red thread-lock that is extremely difficult to remove, and it is NOT necessary to remove the driveshafts to replace the skid.
- Start by removing the stock battery tray and transfer case from the stock skid. Then disconnect all 7 links from the stock skid, followed by the remaining 8 screws that secure the skid to the chassis.
- Chassis rails will flex enough to allow you to remove the stock skid and install the N2R skid without having to detach bumper mounts or cross-members.
- IMPORTANT - When installing rear upper links, insert one M3 washer between each rear upper link rod end and the skid (see picture).
- After installing the N2R skid, you will need to use the included 4x M3 locknuts to secure the screws that pass through the front and back of the stock sliders into the forward-most and rear-most holes in the stock skid.